These are really lovely! I really like the striped strapping. I have been wanting to make panniers, but haven't been able to decide if I should use leather mounting straps or buy the actual hardware.
I think the rainbow straps are from Rivendell. I use Jandd hooks (stainless steel upper hooks) and fisheye hook (bottom), then use a bungee through the eye. These bags will have a corset-style attachment on the top. Leather attachments are good too, but it makes it more time consuming to remove from the bike and re-attach. I'm still trying to figure it all out!
7 comments:
Those are great bags.
Thanks Harry
These are really lovely! I really like the striped strapping. I have been wanting to make panniers, but haven't been able to decide if I should use leather mounting straps or buy the actual hardware.
I think the rainbow straps are from Rivendell. I use Jandd hooks (stainless steel upper hooks) and fisheye hook (bottom), then use a bungee through the eye. These bags will have a corset-style attachment on the top. Leather attachments are good too, but it makes it more time consuming to remove from the bike and re-attach. I'm still trying to figure it all out!
Beautiful bags! Yes, those look like John's Irish straps from Rivendell.
Thanks Rob, I think this is the second set of panniers I've made with these straps. John really likes them.
Post a Comment