My light mounts were all too long and interfering with my rear rack mounting, so I made a shorter mounting arm.
Cut and file down to size.
2 comments:
Serial Retrogrouch
said...
I knew I should not have thrown away that broken Mafac brake arm! I used the other half to make a mount for my front light (I used the longer portion from the pivot to the brake yoke end). love the simplicity.
Very clever! Old brakes are good for all kinds of things...I needed to lower my headlight below rack level, so I used the central arch of an old "Schwinn Approved" centerpull to handle that. Unfortunately my current idea for stabilizing front bags won't work with centerpull parts...
2 comments:
I knew I should not have thrown away that broken Mafac brake arm! I used the other half to make a mount for my front light (I used the longer portion from the pivot to the brake yoke end). love the simplicity.
Very clever! Old brakes are good for all kinds of things...I needed to lower my headlight below rack level, so I used the central arch of an old "Schwinn Approved" centerpull to handle that. Unfortunately my current idea for stabilizing front bags won't work with centerpull parts...
Post a Comment